Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Signs of Spring





There are several indications that Spring might finally be here.

1) It's St. Patty's Day!! I have a confession to make, I have never really done much for this day. In college and grad school, we would go to bars and drink green beer to celebrate. As an adult who has to go into work the next day, however, I have found that I am never quite sure what to do on this day. Hmm...perhaps I will have an Irish Coffee tonight while watching Modern Family. I am really going all out!!

2) Spring Clothes: I think I know what many ladies will be wearing this spring! On Sunday, I went to Target to check out the Liberty of London outfits and I was not disappointed. This little dress fit so well, and I was thrilled.


Every Liberty outfit was sold out online by 10:00 am on Sunday, and the checkout girl at Target was laughing because every women she had checked out was buying Liberty stuff!! She asked me what the big deal was, and I said something like "a lot of magazines have been advertising it..blah, blah, blah" but I know the real reason we are buying it....

It has been an awful winter everywhere, and these clothes and patterns mean spring!! I was literally jumping up and down in the dressing room, imagining myself at the pool, on a picnic, running through a field of flowers....yay!! (okay, maybe I was over-imagining the joys of spring, but who can blame me?!)

3) Iced coffee! People have switched to iced, and I am onboard too! A warm latte means comfort in the cold weather, but it is time to move it and shake it, and iced coffee helps you do that!

Have a great St. Patty's Day!

7 comments:

Barefoot in the Park said...

YAY iced coffee and pretty floral prints!

megankl said...

Hi! I just started following your blog and love the dress you found. I live over an hour away from a Target and was super disappointed to find everything online was sold out :( Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer!

Eliza said...

Looks like i need to get to target ASAP!!! Thanks for commenting! Love your blog :)

Darling said...

That dress is adorable! I am so sad I haven't gotten to go yet. Mmmmmm...iced soy latte...yum!

Solar Powered said...

Can you believe how fast that stuff sold? I've never been a big St Patty's day celebrater either.

Hillary said...

I've been hearing so much about the Liberty of London line! I really need to pop over to Target and check it out.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

OH, that dress is screaming SPRING...it is darling. I am WITH YOU...spring is ALWAYS welcome but this year after such a long, cold winter it is even more LIFE giving!

We celebrate St. Pats HUGE at The Glen...hubbie's family is straight from Ireland and loves to get their GREEN on! I join in 'cause it is such fun!

Have a great day.