Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Crowd Pleaser


As part of my birthday present, my best friend gave me Barefoot Contessa’s Coconut Cupcake mix. She knows how much I love coconut cake and told me that these tasted like made-from-scratch cupcakes. I ended up making them for our small super bowl get-together, and oh-my-goodness, she was right!

These cupcakes are amazing! They taste homemade and have real coconut in the cake with a wonderful cream cheese frosting on top! They were the hit of the party, and my mother-in-law asked me for the recipe. I, of course, had to admit that they were a mix, but in the future, I will totally pass these off as my own hard work and say, “oh, these are a friend’s famous cupcakes, and I had to swear not to give away the recipe…”


Also, how cute is this cupcake stand from Crate and Barrel! It makes me want to throw a party right now!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I just love Barefoot Contessa! I'm going to have to try some of her boxed sweets!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

MMMM, those sound so good!

Kate said...

Oooh...I think I want these for MY birthday!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

We love these, and you're right, they do taste like homemade.