Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Strange Times


D is in New York, so last night I had a girlfriend over for dinner. We made salad and pasta and watched Gossip Girl and talked about what strange times these are. It is easy for me to watch the news and talk to people and start to get scared about the economy and the future, but (and I know this sounds very Pollyanna-ish) I do think things will eventually be okay. I don't understand all the ins and outs of what is happening, but I do know that our government and economy are made up of people; individuals who are strong, resilient, and capable of generous, beautiful things. I know we will recover from this.

In the meantime, there is a lot to be done! We have recipes to make, gifts to give, money to save, weddings to plan, travel to arrange, outfits to orchestrate, homes to organize, and work to be done! AND the amazing women of this country will make sure that, even during these lean times, we look good while doing this!

A few things going on:

1) Life of a Southern Belle is hosting a give-away! I have my fingers crossed that I win the subscription to Southern Living!

2) One Fabulous Mom is posting some wonderful and fairly simple recipes this week and I am so excited to try them!

3) Yesterday, I made dinner for me and a friend without breaking the budget AND I did a fairly decent DIY pedi! This frugal living isn't SO bad!
Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Petunia said...

Yay for the DIY pedi! A really good one around here costs $40 and a cheapie one $20 and then you need to tip. There's nothing wrong with saving $25! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, the economy is a trifle worrying! So you have to help us all by lots of happy daily postings!! :)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Thanks a million for the giveaway mention. I'm having a blast with it.

Good Luck!

Barefoot in the Park said...

i'm impressed with your diy pedi. i'm TERRIBLE at it...but i'm trying!

The Mrs. said...

Thanks for the mention! tomorrow is pecan pie! Easy I promise!