Wednesday, October 1, 2008

27 Dresses Its Not



My absolute favorite part of the movie, 27 Dresses, is when Katherine Heigl does a fashion show of all the bridesmaid dresses she has been forced to wear AND how all the brides told her she could just “shorten it after the wedding and then wear it again!”

I confess, I was blushing at that part of the movie because I had said the exact same thing to my bridesmaids! Hey, they were JCrew, I thought there was a chance!

Anyway, I was reminded of this, because my BFF, Darling, is getting married, and she just might be the first bride in history to pick a bridesmaid dress that will be worn again! Check out the adorable, polka dot Jcrew dress that just arrived! When my mom saw it she said, “I would wear that just for fun!!” I totally agree, mom! Darling, you are going to get an extra special shower gift for picking such a great dress (and on sale too!) Check out her new bridal blog!

11 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Those are lovely! I said the same thing too, "you can wear it again!" But really, I think she can (www.ariadress.com) and will.

..and thanks for being my "follower." You're only one of two so that makes me smile :)

Muffy said...

VERRRRY cute! I don't think my maids will be able to wear their dresses again. I have my eye on pink cocktail dresses with a giant bow! HAHAHA!!!

Barefoot in the Park said...

what a great choice! i've heard that line a million times myself!

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

I have been reading Darling-est. I love her! Do you think she would want to guest blog on my Calligraphy by Shannon blog?

On another note: let me know if you have any specific football questions you would like answered this week. I am going to do an extra long post since it is Redskins vs. Eagles.

Bailey said...

YAY!!! I am so glad you like the dress and it'll be gorgeous on you, my BFF!!

xo

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

oh that IS cute....lucky bridesmades of a very thoughtful bride.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog on Petunia In Paradise... and loved this post...can't wait to read more! Delighted to me you, NMB {Nina's Blog}

Petunia said...

Ooh--I do love that dress!

Anonymous said...

Cute!!

AJLinBoston said...

Came across your blog via the Scribble Pad. That dress is so cute, kudos to your friend for truly picking a dress that can be worn again!

The Mrs. said...

I loved the try on part too! Too cute. Congrats to your friend!