Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer Beauty Products

Today I was thinking about how the summer weather really requires a girl to revamp her entire approach to beauty. The tried and true products just sometimes don’t do it when the temperatures soar and the humidity makes you feel like you are living in a rain forest. However, there are three products that are seriously proving their worth during this season and I thought I'd share.


I have thick, wavy hair that can best be described as “unruly.” I will sometimes let it be wild and curly, but I prefer to blow it dry and straighten it with an iron. However, afternoon rainshowers and damp days have made this style nearly impossible. That is until…(drumroll, please)…this product, Redkin Ultra-Straight Balm. Three squirts of this on damp hair really have helped keep my style way more than any other product I have tried.

I have a paranoia that all my walking to and from work, combined with stifling temperatures and “city smells” will, you know, make me stink. I know it sounds stupid, but this is stuff I think about. I LOVE this product. It is limited addition, but you can still get it at a few stores. It smells so fresh and light, but has staying power!

Last but not least, this is the best moisturizer ever! I am not kidding, I have converted so many friends to it. The best part is that it is a great price so you can slather it on. I am on my third tub this summer! The wonderful cocoa butter smell, the non-greasy sheen it leaves on your skin, the way it absorbs, I could go on and on. Also, its great for after-sun!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

magnoliabelle said...

Oh i'll have to try the Vaseline body butter...thanks for sharing:)

Sarah said...

I can't wait to try the cocoa butter!!! And the marc jacobs looks good too, I'm the same way I can't leave the house without some kind of perfume on! Thanks for sharing, have a great day!!! ; )