Monday, July 28, 2008

Growing Pains



I am not giving anything away when I say that Amanda Seyfried is Mamma Mia is absolutely great. She has a wonderful voice and presence, but as I was watching Mamma Mia in the theater, I found myself staring at her gorgeous, long hair! So wavy and natural, I found myself wishing I had longer hair (and that I lived on a Greek Island, but that is another post! Haha). Then, the next day, I saw the above photo of Blake Lively (love the shirt dress too!), and it was like the universe was telling me to grow out my hair! (I had longer hair for my wedding, but cut it soon afterwards)

I once asked my stylist, Anna, how to make hair grow faster, and her answer was simple…prenatal vitamins. She told me that she had heard all sorts of different theories, but the only method she had seen actually work was taking prenatal vitamins. I have read that Kelly Ripa takes these vitamins all the time for healthy hair and skin, so that boosted my confidence in them. I checked with my doctor, just to make sure it wouldn’t hurt to take prenatal vitamins when I wasn’t trying to have a baby, and he said it was fine (after giving me a baffled look when I explained that I was trying to grow out my hair! He is getting used to my weird questions by now, poor man!!)

Anyway, I have stopped highlighting my hair to keep it healthy, and I am taking the vitamins and wishing for long, flowing tresses by fall!

2 comments:

Muffy said...

OOH! You'll have to keep us up to date! That's interesting- VITAMINS! Who knew?

teddi said...

I also thought Amanda Seyfreid was amazing! The little one from Mean Girls... who knew?