Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hunkerin' Down...Again



Virginians are bracing themselves for yet another winter storm tomorrow and Saturday! One of the headlines said, "D.C. is Getting Detroit Weather!"

Although the snow is beautiful, we are all shaking our heads at the thought of more. Super Bowl parties are getting cancelled, and I am running out of "cold weather classics" to make in the crockpot.

I am trying not to be gloomy...being housebound will give me a chance to read, watch movies, try out recipes and organize closets. Now, I just need to get happy about actually doing those things, and I will be all set!

Stay warm!

7 comments:

Always Organizing said...

We are supposed to get some of that storm up this way. I love the snow but hate the thought of being housebound on the weekend!

Kristen said...

I am definitely not looking forward to the snow! I think we've had enough this winter.

coffee break said...

I am getting sick of this gross weather as well. It put us out of school for 4/5 days this week!

Jenny and Dan said...

I've been thinking about y'all down there in this snowstorm! I hope you're holding up! Surprisingly, we didn't get any of it because we're too far north for snow (I really hope I won't be able to type that sentence for too many more years...). Stay warm!

Maureen said...

Hope you are surviving the cabin fever.... I'm cleaning and entertaining (neighbors) while trying to keep the kiddos entertained. More is coming too - yikes!

Jill said...

Oh goodness, I hope you found more things to do in the house. Stay warm.

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

My sentiments exactly! I used to live in Boston - and I left there for a reason (Long, Cold, Snowy winters!). Too bad we are forecasting for MORE snow again today!

I am looking forward to when we both start blogging about spring!