Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Home of Our Very Own


Things are moving forward with the house, and if all goes according to plan, we will have the keys in less than two weeks!! I can’t believe it!

D and I found a place that we really love much sooner than we expected. Last weekend, we met some of our future neighbors at the owners’ going away party (it was so nice that they invited us!!). D and I loved the neighbors we met, and we are even more excited to move in now. The closing date is set for July 24th. I can’t wait to have the keys in my hand!! Our apartment has been a nice home for us, but we are ready to have a little more space and a backyard!

Lately we have been living at the Home Depot. We just wander the aisles looking at prices and comparing doors, shutters, wood, and paint…very enthralling, I know! Hee hee. However, I really feel blessed to be able to personalize our house so much; I hadn’t expected to be able to do that. We plan to: refinish the wood floors (rip out the carpet), paint the kitchen cabinets, put in a new kitchen countertop, lay stone in the backyard, paint every room in the house, and install crown molding!! Also, D wants to paint the garage, plant a tree and do a ton of gardening in the yard. Also, this is just “Phase 1”…when we have more money and time, Phase 2 and 3 will follow…I think D and I now have "projects" to last the rest of our lives!!

I plan to take a ton of before and after photos, so I will share any successful (and unsuccessful) projects! In the meantime, I am starting to pack and just trying to be patient. Thank you again for the well-wishes during house hunting; I really appreciate the support and love!!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw, that's great news! Congrats on being new homeonwers! I know you'll have fun decorating and personalizing your home the way you two like it! Have fun with it!

Anonymous said...

I love that the owners invited you guys to their leaving party. What a great idea for you to get to know the neighbors and such. Congrats on your new place. I bet these next few weeks will fly by for you.

Kristen said...

Yeah, that's so exciting! Congrats. My hubby and I are just beginning to start to house hunt...hopefully, we have some exciting news soon too!

Anonymous said...

Very exciting! Congratulations!

xoxo

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! Getting a new home is so much fun! I love how the owners invited you to their going away party - how thoughtful! :)

Darling said...

Darling, this is such happy news! We have much to celebrate and I can't wait to learn much more!
xxxooo

Solar Powered said...

congratulations! that is so fun. we met all our neighbors the same way! it made moving in so much more fun and still get together with out neighbors all the time...some neighborhoods aren't that way. you found a great one!