Monday, January 5, 2009

Triple Monday


Today is what I call a “triple Monday.” It is the Monday back at work after a long vacation and the start of what promises to be a very busy week. It was definitely hard to get up this morning, and last night I had a serious case of the “Sunday night blues.”

In the last 12 days in Florida, D and I both celebrated our birthdays, we celebrated Christmas and the New Year with my family, we had a big 80th birthday celebration for my grandmother, and also had another extended family reunion with my father’s family. It was A LOT of celebrating, which in my family means eating, drinking, and laughing. It has been a little hard to come back down after that…

However, I am rallying my spirits and trying to get back into the swing of things. Last night, as I was unpacking, I watched the DVD of House Bunny. I hadn’t seen the movie, and D’s brother gave it to me for Christmas. It was definitely silly, but I enjoyed watching it!

Also, my friends and family know my weakness! I was given a few Starbucks cards for my birthday and Christmas, and I started my day with a wonderful latte!! Walking to work with a Starbucks cup in my hand just makes the day infinitely better!
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Always Organizing said...

What a Monday! I just wrote a long comment and hit "publish" and it disappeared! Oh well. I also started the day with Starbucks and hope it peps me up!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

You are SO right...I feel GOOD when I'm carrying around a cup from Starbucks...I especially love the red cups.

GrannySmithGreen said...

Yes, today was definitely a Starbuck's day. I hope tomorrow will be wonderful. Hey, at least you know it won't be a "Monday". Have a great rest of the week!

Unknown said...

It was a a triple Monday here too. It's hard to go to work when you live in Paradise!