Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Books, Happy Shows, and Happy Weekend

I think everyone is feeling the stress of economic woes, politics, and all the other things we have to juggle. My personal strategy for coping with stress and anxiety is a simple formula: (hot bath) + (glass of wine or a cup of camomile tea) - (watching the news) + (a great book or TV show to escape into) = Bliss

Lately, I have read a few fun books, starting with my favorite!

1) sTori Telling by Tori Spelling - I loved this book! Through the blogging world, I got hooked on the last season of Tori and Dean on the Oxygen Channel, and this book was perfect to tide me over until the next season!

2) Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch - I read this book awhile ago, and it is the perfect “chicklit with a heart” read! It is a good book for anyone who has ever thought, “if I had done x,y,z in my life…where would I be?”

Also, I am SO happy that all my favorite shows are coming back on, including:

1) The Office – I laughed so hard watching last night's episode! The Office is back, and I love it so much. I even have a Dwight bobble-head sitting on my desk at work!
2) The Starter Wife – I watched the mini-series and loved it! It was so well-written, and apparently I am not the only one who thought so, because it is coming back to the USA Network as a full series. I can’t wait to see where they will pick up and what is happening to my favorite characters!

Have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Muffy said...

OOH! I am SO excited for the starter wife!!!!!

Petunia said...

I want to watch the starter wife. I think it started tonight and I couldn't watch the first episode!

Solar Powered said...

I love your formula for relaxation and use it often! Can't wait to add your book recommendations to my list. Thanks.

Becky said...

Oh my stars, I HEART Tori Spelling. I loved her book, I love her show, I just love her. She is so real and funny and she wants what every woman wants -- a great marriage, healthy kiddos, and a beautiful home (okay, some designer duds and custom furniture and a pool don't hurt...).

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Fabulous strategies!!

Barefoot in the Park said...

i love your "perscription" for sunnier days!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad to hear that the Starter Wife is coming back as a series.

Enjoy your week!

Elizabeth said...

I'm really excited about the Starter Wife. I didn't watch the first run but when Debra Messing was on the Today Show she said it would be no problem to begin here.