Monday, October 13, 2008

Easy Like Sunday Morning


My sister came to visit this weekend, and we had a blissful time doing absolutely nothing. We watched fun shows, ate wonderful foods, and got caught up! Although I love weekend trips and travel, staying at home and really enjoying the weekends really makes the work week easier. Also, I am developing a Sunday morning ritual that I look forward to all week.

Last weekend, when I walked out of the house on Sunday, I noticed a nice, fat Sunday newspaper sitting on our doorstep. I was delighted, but assumed it was a mistake and belonged to a neighbor. It turned out D ordered the Sunday Washington Post for us to enjoy every weekend! I am so excited to have the Travel, Style, Arts sections as well as all of the great Sunday coupons!!

Also, I am perfecting the art of making a great cup of coffee! I start out with a strong cup of joe; I like Emeril’s Big Easy Roast. Then, I heat and froth some milk with sugar or splenda. I have discovered this handy gadget from Williams Sonoma, and it has made coffee time so much more fun!! I know it is silly and frivolous, but it works like a dream, producing creamy, frothy coffee or cocoa…also a great gift for the coffee lover in your life!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frothed milk makes coffee SO MUCH better!!

The Golden Years said...

Since starting my new job, I'm becoming more and more of a coffee-lover. I've seen this before but have yet to make the purchase. Sounds like it would be worth it, huh?

Solar Powered said...

i've just started coffee drinking in the last year myself...may have to invest as well. I totally agree with you when it comes to staying home on the weekends!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Oooo... that frothy coffee tool looks fun!

A Belle and her Beau said...

I also got to stay at home this weekend (for once) and it was soo nice! Have a great week :)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Laid back weekends are the best. I haven't tried the Emeril coffee but like a hearty brew so I'll have to try to find some!

Elizabeth said...

Weekends like that are the best! I'm glad you had a good one. I too enjoy my morning coffee and this looks like a great tool to have.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than the Sunday paper and a good cup of coffee! I have that frother too it's wonderful.