Thursday, September 4, 2008

Retro Inspiration


Although I am loath to mention anything political on this blog, I have to point you to this great observation by Blogdorf Goodman about the presidential candidates wives' recent fashion choices, and how these smart, savvy women appear to be channeling Mad Men! That's right, what do Cindy McCain, Michelle Obama and the AMC Channel all have in common? A great eye for fashion, retro-style!

I have already posted about the amazing fashions on this show, and I think that anyone watching can't help but be inspired. Check out my most recent purchase, a Michael Kors Swing Coat which also came with a matching sheath dress. I couldn't help it; the retro-looking jacquard fabric and ladylike coat were too much to resist!

I seem to be seeing more 1950's-inspired styles everywhere (see the adorable Kate Spade Fall Ad above). The classics have returned, and I could not be happier!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to look like the actress in Mad Men Dammit! :)