Friday, September 26, 2008

First Autumn Weekend!


It is a chilly, rainy day here in the district, and we are headed for a rainy weekend. As you might have read before though, this doesn't bother me one bit! I have books, magazines and episodes of Mad Men to catch up on, so I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend!

Sunday is also football day with D's beloved Redskins playing. I, however, am a football dummy! Would any of you ladies who follow football be interested in doing a Football 101 post to educate girls like me who never really watched it? I would love to know more since D is so hooked!

One thing I already like about football is the food! It is fun to think of snack-able foods to make, especially if we are going to have people over. Check out a few of these recipes from Hostess with the Mostess!

These Rolo Pretzel Turtles look like an easy game-day treat, and they look so good!






Have a wonderful weekend!!

11 comments:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I'm loving this weather as well...those pretzel thingys look fabulous. They're on my next tailgate menu.

The Mrs. said...

Thank God you don't need football to make them! YUM!

Mrs.Preppy said...

I am a huge football fan, but dont think that my tutorial would be very good! Feel free to email me any questions you have and I will do my best to explain it to you -- I will make it easy to understand. No technical stuff -- once you get the basics down, it really is easy. Plus, our teams play on Sunday! (I live in Dallas....)

Mrs.Preppy said...

Here is my email ... mrspreppy at gmail

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Oh, those pretzel treats look awesome! I love the salty vs. sweet tastes - yum!

AEG said...

Stay dry. It's heinously gross in NYC as well.
And HELLO those little treats look AMAZING, and so easy. Sweet and salty, my FAV!

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

Have No Fear. Football 101 will be coming soon. I may even make it a Friday installment for the season!

Sarah said...

oh my goodness!!! Those treats look absolutely delicious!!! thank you thank you for sharing!!!! : )

Solar Powered said...

those look so delicious, i tagged you.

Anonymous said...

I love this weather too! It sounds like you have a nice relaxing weekend planned. I am with you on the football thing, totally clueless. But I love the food also, it's the best part!!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

aw, i remember reading this entry on hostess blog and thinking - finally! something i can handle! and they're really good, too!