Friday, June 20, 2008

The Big Apple!


This weekend is my cousin's bachlorette party in NYC. She is getting married in two weeks and I am so excited for her. We plan to have a little lingerie party at my sister apartment, and then hit the town for dinner and dancing! Her color is green and she likes white wine, so I think I am going to make this Kiwi Melon Sangria as the signature drink.
Kiwi Melon Sangria Ingredients:
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry white wine such as dry Riesling
- 4 peeled and sliced Zespri green kiwifruit
- 1 cup (237 ml) fresh watermelon, peeled, seeded and cubed- 1 lime, thinly sliced- 1 1/2 oz Midori melon liqueur
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher, stirring to crush some of the fruit. Cover and refrigerate overnight for at least 12 hours to let the flavors marry before serving. Serve over ice, including some fruit. Use within 4 days. (Cocktail by: Kathy Casey Food Studios, Zespri Kiwi)

No comments: