Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good News and Bad News

I have never liked it when people say “I’ve got some good news and some bad news.” For me, it just meant the good news was about to be negated by bad, so I would much prefer someone saying, “I have some completely neutral news to share with you.” Ha!

However, anyone who loves makeup would agree that this is some very bad news!



Estee Lauder will close the global wholesale distribution of its Prescriptives brand by the end of January, as the beauty-products company tightens its focus on areas with the best growth potential. As of January 2010, the brand will be completely shut down, but its website will continue until it sells out of the very last bit of inventory.

WHHHYYYY!?!?! I have loved Prescriptives since college. I wear some version of their foundation and concealor every day. I love their bronzers, lip glosses, even the skincare. I remember getting Prescriptives custom foundation for my wedding and thinking how wonderful it was...

Beauty blogs are saying to “stock up” but I don’t think you can stockpile foundation like you would a fine wine. It doesn’t exactly age well…does it? Also, I honestly don't have the funds to buy extras of everything I use; there is so much...basically, all the makeup I use is Prescriptives! I don’t know what to do, but I do know one thing, Estee Lauder is now on my bad list!

Although this kind of news would normally send me into a deep despair, I don't have time to wallow because D and I are getting ready to take a week off for travels and fun. We have been planning this trip for some time, and I am really excited to get away for both a little adventure and relaxation. It will be a quick trip, but my mind is filled with packing lists, itineraries, and plans!

I hope you have a good day!

5 comments:

Darling said...

Are you serious?! This is completely terrible hon! As a LOVER of the foundation and the concealer I'm beyond upset. Oh dear, dear, dear!

Gleatie said...

I have never liked their makeup but that is mainly because I thought it was so expensive. However, I would pay almost anything for that sea salt body scrub that they have! Now that will age well and I will have to stock up on it!! Just found your blog from One Preppy Day! Can't wait to read more! I'm hosting a giveaway for monogrammed grocery bags on my blog if you are interested!! www.gleatieanddeaner.blogspot.com

very married said...

that is SO painful! I don't wear that foundation but you're right, make up doesn't keep the same way canned foods do...

though - i've heard that if you don't open it, it lasts longer? how much longer, i don't know. SUCKS!

Solar Powered said...

have a great trip! that stinks when they take away products we love, sorry for your loss :)

Petunia said...

I was so upset when I found this out!!
I have only used Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation for years! Ugh. I just purchased 4 bottles, but eventually I'll need to just find something new. I've never found anything like it so far. :(