Friday, July 31, 2009

Life Amid the Boxes...

Thank you for all the sweet comments!! The house closing went perfectly, and D and I are so thrilled to own our first home! We started moving in almost immediately, and as I predicted, a cross-town move has been just as exhausting as a long-distance one can be…

The contractor showed up with his crew on Monday, and I have been told that in one more week we will have a home to move into!! Right now the house seems, well, more like a construction site than a home!! However, I still have a vision of what it will be, and I can’t wait to share before and after photos!!! Yay!

In the meantime, we have been moving stuff out of the old apartment and into the basement of until the floors are done in the main house. We have set up a little apartment in the basement for us to sleep, amid the boxes, and it feels a little like camping! (Except without the s’mores, boo!)
(P.S. This is a total tangent, but did you know Paula Deen has a recipe for making s'mores in the oven! I love it! I want to do this for a dinner party SO bad! I can imagine them all stacked on a tray looking so delish and nostalgic!!)

This weekend will be a lot of packing, unpacking, and cleaning. If it all gets too overwhelming, I might try to escape to the pool!

Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

PrimalGirl said...

Congrats my dear! I am so happy for you both :)

Sarah said...

*sigh* hubby and I have been looking for out first home for over 6 months now and I'm getting to my "over it" point! I'm so so happy that you and D bought your first house and are in that fun first stage of living amongst the boxes! ; )
But I'm not gonna lie, I'm a tad jealous!! Congrats!!!

Solar Powered said...

so funny that you talk about smores...never was a fan but have been eating the heck out of them during pregnancy! Thanks for the Paula recipe and congrats again. Can't wait to see pics of the house!

Kristen said...

Oh...how exciting! If I'm being honest, I'm TOTALLY jealous! We just began the process and everything in our price range is a contingent short sale...hopefully we'll be able to find something.

Post pics soon!

Maureen said...

Congrats. Good luck with unpacking. I can't wait to try that smores recipe.

The Mrs. said...

congrats! Can't wait to see!!!