Sunday, January 18, 2009

We're Here!!

We arrived a little late yesterday in Jackson Hole after some delays in Chicago, and stepped off the plane to blue skies and gorgeous views of the mountains! I tried to take a few pictures with my Blackberry so please excuse the blurriness. Here was the view right off the plane!



Walking into the airport, you pass through this western looking passage. Every year the elk in Jackson shed their antlers and people gather them and make all sorts of creations. It takes a little getting used to seeing antlers all over, but it definitely adds to the "old west" atmosphere!



The small Jackson, WYO airport has every other airport I have been to beat. Greeting you at the baggage claim are free mimosas and OJ for the kids from the JH Chamber of Commerce. Works for me!


After getting our bags and getting into the house, we went into town to get groceries and rent some cross country skis for the week. For dinner, we went to the famed, Cowboy Bar for an awesome burger and beers!


Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

Barefoot in the Park said...

absolutely beautiful!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

So pretty! I am going to have to add that to my lists of places to visit!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

So jealous! I'm positively dying to get out there to ski. Looks gorgeous.

Petunia said...

Love your pictures! I have never been to JH!

Elizabeth said...

I've never been to JH and I've always wanted to. It looks beautiful. Hope you had a great time.