Friday, November 14, 2008

Weekend Plans

This weekend, D and I plan to lay low. Given that it was a three-day workweek, I don’t see how I can say I am tired, but for some reason I am. Also, I had a sneezing fit on the metro this morning, and that can sometime be an indication that I’m getting sick, so I feel like laziness is justified.

I have just a few small goals for this weekend:

1) Try out this recipe for a “green smoothie.” Now, I am not a huge fan of veggies, especially green ones. However, I am vain enough to try this recipe, because I know green vegetables are good for me, and I would love to “glow from the inside out” as promised.

Here is the recipe:
1 1/2 cup of water
1 head of organic romaine lettuce, chopped
3-4 stalks of organic celery
2 organic apples, cored and chopped
1 organic banana
1/3 bunch of organic cilantro
1/3 bunch of organic parsley
Juice of ½ fresh organic lemon

Add the water and chopped head of romaine to the blender. Starting the blender on a low speed, mix until smooth. Gradually moving to higher speeds add the herbs celery and apples. Add the banana and lemon juice last.

According to the website and other beauty bloggers, the smoothie tastes great. I am not totally convinced, but I’ll try it once! I will let you know how it turns out.

2) Buy a pair of PJ’s. I would like something cute to lounge around the house in. I love the color and price of these from Target.


3) Do a little organizing around the apartment. For some reason it seems like the apartment is getting more and more full of stuff. I know this happens after people get married and the gifts come piling in, but for us, it has been delayed. It is like I just woke up a month ago and noticed that there is stuff (clothes, sports equipment, housewares, decorative accessories, gifts, etc.) everywhere. Where did this stuff come from?? Where can I put it?? I don’t know the answers to these questions, but I am going to find out!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Milltini said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me! If you get done with your apartment, feel free to make your way over to mine. It could sure use some organization!

andrea said...

Love the PJs!