Thursday, October 30, 2008

Workplace Accessories

This has been a very crazy week already. On Monday, I transferred to a new team which also meant that I changed desks and workspaces. My building has a service that is supposed to help with this, but things are busy, so I ended up lugging boxes and various office accessories up three flights of stairs to my new desk. However, it was totally worth it because I am now the proud recipient of a window!! Yes, my very own window, and you have no idea how happy the sunlight makes me!

I want my new workspace to be neat and organized, while also having a few things that inspire me. I figure, we spend so much time at work, shouldn’t one’s own little corner be happy place? There are several things that I always have at my desk:
1) Pictures – I have several pictures of D and my friends and family framed in simple, silver frames on my desk.
2) A cute calendar – My sister gave me the loveliest letter press calendar for 2008 similar to this one. I loved it so much, so now I am sure I will have to get one for 2009.


3) A journal – These are wonderful. I like having something to write in other than my boring legal pads.

4) A happy mug – I know a woman who drinks her tea and coffee at the office from a bone china cup and saucer just to inject a little fabulous-ness into her day! I think that’s great, but I would be sure to break something. I like this mug and all the “Life is Good” stuff!
5) My Dwight Bobblehead – I can’t help loving Dwight on the Office! His little bobble head watches over me all day at the office!

What are your desk necessities?

4 comments:

Barefoot in the Park said...

i LOVE your dwight bobblehead!

Sarah said...

You sound like you have a very classy work space I love it! And I totally agree with you, it's where you spend most of your time so why not surround yourself with things that make you happy and inspire! I have a cute mini silver lamp that I got from target because I despise the harsh aritficial light and then I have some pictures of hubby and I and also some pictures of the outer banks and an inspirational tropical picture it's palm trees and the water with a star fish with a saying that says "reach for the stars, they are closer than you may think" I love it. And of course a cute pink calendar that I got from target for $1! : )

said...

Loving the small letterpress calendar :)

Anonymous said...

Searching for Office Accessories at reasonable prices, then log on to Spacify.com.