Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Quest for the Perfect Perfume

I have a question. Why is it that whenever a guy decides to “pick up around the house” it often translates to “throwing things away without permission”?? I was forced to ponder this question after I arrived home on Friday to find that D had very nicely cleaned the apartment. However, on Saturday our conversation went something like this...

Me: Honey, have you seen my perfume samples that I ordered from LuckyScent, the boutique fragrance shop on the web that specializes in hard to find fragrances?

D: Do you mean the envelope that had three tiny glass things in it?

Me: Yes, exactly! Where did you put it?

D: (in a helpful voice) Oh, that, I put that in the trash and took the trash to the dumpster. Aren’t I great?

Me: Grrr…

You see, I am on a quest to find a new perfume. I spent hours last week perusing the website LuckyScent.com debating whether I wanted “fresh/floral” or “floral/fruity” or “fruity/fresh”…I finally found three fragrances I wanted to try and ordered samples, and well, you can see what happened. I confess that I am jealous of those girls who have found a perfume that perfectly matches their personality and style and smells great!! One of my best friends has found a great perfume, and wherever we go people ask her what she's wearing.

I am very open to suggestions. If you have a “signature scent” please share or tell me a perfume that you love!

6 comments:

Petunia said...

I have a few perfumes, but my go-to fragrance is Miracle by Lancome. I love it! AND it's pink!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Last Christmas I was trying to find something for my Lorelai and someone suggested the fragrance Kai. I'd never heard of it but apparently it was an Oprah favorite (which is neither here nor there to me). I liked it and bought it...she in turn did NOT care for it so I kept it for myself. I don't know how to describe it exactly but I think it's lovely. I don't think it's in department stores. I purchased it at Stella Nova in Charleston.

Liza said...

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabana is AWESOME!! Very light and not overly-anything.

Solar Powered said...

Miss Marisa by Ebba - you can try it at Lucky Scent. I love it and it is purse size so my whole purse smells great, plus I get tons of compliments. My other favorite is Child by Apothia.

andrea said...

Thank you! Glad to have been introduced to yours as well :) I'm adding you to my blog roll.

As for purfumes, I recently discovered Versace Bright Crystal and I love it. Another favorite is Tiffany & Co. and Dolce & Gabana Light Blue. GOod luck!

Anonymous said...

My Signature fragrance is COCO MADEMOISELLE by Chanel. People stop me all the time to ask me what I'm wearing... highly recommend it! Important note tho: "parfum" is key. Total worth the extra $.