Friday, August 15, 2008

Two Great Reads

Over vacation, I read two very different, but very good, books I would like to recommend. First, I read the perfect beach read, "The Beach House," by Jane Greene. I would describe this book as “chick-lit with a heart.” Don’t get me wrong, it was definitely pretty fluffy, but there were some fun surprises and poignant moments that made it worth reading. Also, the book was set it beautiful Nantucket so it was great to read on the beach!
The second book I read was “Then We Came to the End” by Joshua Ferris. This book was denser and somewhat darker, but there were some laugh out loud funny parts. The story is set in an anonymous advertising agency, and anyone who works in an office or with a team can relate to these stories and eccentric characters. The novel seemed to me to be a completely original take on the age-old question of “who are these people surrounding me??”

No comments: