Tuesday, July 1, 2008


Last night, D and I went to see Wall-E, the new Pixar film about a little robot left to clean up Earth in the future. It was really adorable, and at times touching (who knew that robot romance would be so cute??). However, I am not sure this movie is really for children. The topics are pretty complex, and the messages about mass consumption, environmental degradation, and humans who manufacture a utopia when Earth becomes uninhabitable are pretty grim. Not really kids stuff. But I might be wrong, I look forward to reading the blogs of moms to see if their kids like it. One thing is for sure, I can’t wait to see the “Wall-E” Halloween costumes this year; so cute!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I went and saw it this past weekend too! I thought it was really cute but I have to agree with you, it definitely was sending some big messages, maybe meant for the parents watching it??? I don't know but he and eve were so cute! :)