Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Goodbye My Love



I have a confession to make; I have developed a habit that, as Dr. Phil would say, “just ain’t workin’ for me.” Everyday on my way to work I pass two Starbucks. What started as an occasional treat on my way to work has now developed into a daily habit. If the first starbucks doesn’t lure me in, the second one gets me!

Now, I have read financial articles on the “latte factor” and I know that I could be spending money more wisely. However, I figured it was a little indulgence, a pick-me-up on the way to work, and contributed to me being more energized and productive when I arrived at work. However, this morning as I handed over $4.25 for a medium drink (!), it hit me that this habit is not sustainable. These morning coffees are not good for my bank account or me, and I am (deep breath) switching to tea.

Tomorrow I am going cold turkey. Wish me luck!!

7 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am addicted to Starbucks too and have to keep my coffee runs in check. I usually go about once a week and think of it as a treat. Otherwise, I make my coffee at home. $4 per day does add up quickly.

Alison said...

That is what I was thinking, once a week seems much more moderate! We even got this great coffee maker as a wedding present and I never use it!! lol, so bad!

Muffy said...

I love tea. It also has TONS of antioxidants! Think HEALTH with less jitters! GOOD LUCK!

Always Organizing said...

I am a daily Starbucks drinker. I couldn't get through the morning without it :)

Can't check my gmail at work but I will look for the pics tonight. Thanks!

Erin said...

Tea is actually pretty fantastic. I did the switch last month - coffee just started leaving a poor taste in my mouth! AND, if you leave the tea bag in the mug, you can reuse it! Talk about thrifty! *Laugh*

-E

magnoliabelle said...

Good luck! That is a tough habit to break, but at least you have a subsitute. The refresh tea is really good if you like mint!

Etiquettely Correct said...

I was really hooked on Starbucks and I went off it cold turkey. I started making my own coffee at home and I love having the extra cash!