Friday, June 20, 2008

Whole Living

My Sister turned me onto the newest Martha Stewart magazine, "Body and Soul." The magazine writes to those who want to practice "whole living." It is very positive with great pictures, but I have to say, the thing that has spoken to me the most is their mission statement with the "10 Tenets of Whole Living." I actually printed these out and posted them up in my workspace. Now and then, one will jump out at me, and it always seems to be the tenet I needed to read at that moment. Enjoy!


Ten Tenets of Whole Living

1. Happiness is a choice. Make that choice today and every day.

2. Good health isn't a gift; it's a habit you cultivate.
3. A healthy, fit body is not enough--true fitness engages the spirit.
4. Think more about what you should eat than what you shouldn't.
5. Laugh at yourself. You're funny.
6. Nurture your spirit. It's your source of strength.
7. Stay connected to the natural world. It will feed your soul.
8. Believe in yourself. Your intuition is rarely wrong.
9. It's never too late to take the first step toward your aspirations.
10. What you pay attention to will thrive.

1 comment:

magnoliabelle said...

I love those!!! I've been reading body and soul for over a year and have somehow missed those. Thanks for sharing!